I would like to introduce myself and why I am sending you this correspondence…..
I have always stood out in my career because of my facility to generate a progressive approach using food in my
menus, made in the highest standards and presented in an striking way.
• Confortable with all aspects of being in a ownership position,
• responsible for recommending menu changes and recipes,
• handling special diet/menu requests,
• ensuring food is properly purchased and is stored correctly
In the past I have worked in busy restaurants, holiday resort, Caribbean grills and in pastry retailers in South and North
American resorts and restaurants.
Executive Chef Profile:
I LOVE FOOD - UNDERSTANDING THAT COOKING ABILITY AND PALATE ARE JUST AS IMPORTANT AS LEADERSHIP QUALITIES….
I AM CONSTANTLY SEEKING IMPROVEMENTS IN SELF, TEAM, AND RESTAURANT.
• I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ACCUSTOMED TO BEING THE BEST AT WHAT YOU DO, A TRUE SELF-STARTER UNDERSTANDING THAT
FINANCIAL SUCCESS SUPPORTS AND ENERGIZES MY CREATIVE WORK.
• PROFESSIONALLY DEVELOPING RELATIONSHIPS WITH LOCAL/REGIONAL SUPPLIERS, LOCAL FARMERS AND VENDORS ARE
ESSENTIAL IN OUR BUSINESS. I ALWAYS MAINTAIN POSITIVE A PRESENCE (OF FACE/VOICE OF RESTAURANT) IN
COMMUNITY AND MEDIA.
• I AM A CONFIDENT AND CREATIVE LEADER WHERE MY TEAMS HAVE ALWAYS PERFORMED AT CONSISTENTLY HIGH
PRODUCTIVITY AND LOW ECONOMIC ALTITUDES; ALWAYS BEING INNOVATIVE, YET UNDERSTAND WHEN TO KEEP
THINGS SIMPLE AND BEING ADEPT AT CRAFTING THE BIG PICTURE STRATEGY WITH MY LONG TERM PLAN.
I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A THINKER AND A DOER ATTRACTING OTHER LIKE PROFESSIONALS TO BUILD GIFTED TEAMS.
OPERATING THE FOH AND A FRIENDLY KITCHEN BECAUSE A PROFESSIONAL, ACCOMPLISHED SERVER REPRESENTS US TO A GUEST
IN A HEALTHIER WAY.
Restaurant /Hotel / Resort Executive Chef
Chef Ricardo Passarelli launched and administered three separate restaurants simultaneously
with his latest in Brazil’s financial capital São Paulo and other two four hours away in the
city of Minas Gerais. Chef Ricardo Pasarelli is known as the youngest restaurant chef –
owner in this city of 80,000 people.
Chef Ricardo is looking once again for opportunities
where he can lend his decades long restaurant experiences with restaurant business to help other succeed in this demand and high competitive business.
Being a Chef is about a way of life.
I have lived an entire life permeated and encircled by food and, it’s cooking with a unique perspective.
I would like to discuss with you my perspective and point of view fashioned with decades
of operational proficiencies - in front of the house and back of the house.
• Managed three concurrent restaurants as chef - owned restaurants with seating capacities of 80 to as many as 300 guests. Provided management of third-party suppliers to all catering clients.
• Quality of food and services: Brought all three restaurants an AAA three star equilvance. Top rated star ratings in both Trip Advisor and regional restaurant reviewing websites.
• Budgets: Steam lined the unnecessary waste expenses on the causally organized P&L's and generated better net profits than were expected.
• Supervision of personnel with evaluating management and entry skills level talent. I have standardized employee job descriptions for all positions, front and back of the house. I have led others to develop their own standardization of job descriptions as well.
• Organized provisioning and managed its flow in three separate restaurants. Responsible for all purchasing. Structured buying procedures and storage.
• Responsible for controlling wine programs.
• Initiated program for delivery route, which increased sales by 30%
• Customer Relations
• Created customer comment program, which included a personal letter department head and increased customer satisfaction.
• Organized frequent customers with in-restaurant promotions/activities and events
Starting with concurrent ownership as chef.
Owner | Executive Chef, Grove Bistro, Brazil, 2015 to Present
Owner | Executive Chef, Red Bar & Chop, Brazil, 2011 to Present
Owner | Executive Chef, 170 Bistro, Brazil , 2010 to Present
• Organized and managed staff of up to 40 FOH and BOH staffs.
• Created all three concepts from inception.
• Supervised all bookkeeping/accounts payable/receivable
• Served Lunch and Dinner for over 300 people a day
• Catered for parties of up to 600 people
Executive Chef, Flamma – a Brazilian Steak House, Miami, Fl. USA 2009 – 2010
Pastry Chef, Ortanique on The Mile, Coral Gables, Fl. USA 2008 – 2010
Executive Chef, Globe Café, Coral Gables, Fl. USA 2006 – 2008
Sous Chef, the Post ~ Restrobar, Miami, Fl. USA 2005 – 2006
Executive Sous Chef, Spezia ~ Bar & Grill 2005 – 2005
Executive Chef Spice ~ Resto Lounge 2004 – 2005
Chef de Cuisine Buffet Factory, Miami, Fl. USA 2003 – 2004
Assistant Pastry Chef, Marriott ~ Biscayne Bay, Miami, Fl. USA 2002 – 2003 Chef | Owner, Allegria ~ Trattoria, Miami, Fl. USA 2001 – 2001
Chef | Owner, Papo Cheio ~ Restaurant, Itajuba, Brazil, S.A. 1990 – 2001
Food Safety Manager Certificate Number: ZS20270176
University Senac School of Culinary Arts - São Paulo – Brazil, S.A. 2000 – 2001
Old Italy Dishes – Apprenticeship at the Grande Hotel, São Paulo, Brazil, S.A..
Pastries and Sauces, Chocolate and Cakes – for Nestle, Brazil, S.A.
Complete Class - North American, Deli Bakery, Buffet Service
Finest Brazilian Cuisine, Christmas dishes
Accolades and Testimonials in:
• Domestic and International websites
• New Times and Aventura News magazines
• Miami Herald, Sun Sentinel and Palm Beach Daily News
• 170 bistro - itajuba - Brazil
• The Grove Bistro - Sao Paulo – Brazil